Home Page Logo
Directions to our School Mission and Belief Our Schedule Photos School Calendar
JPB Faculty and Staff
Academic Resources Academic Programs
Teacher Web pages
Digital Citizenship
Calendar Contact Board Members Current Events Meeting Information Newsletter
School Data Links

Upcoming Dates 

  • May 1-5 Book Fair 
  • May 11th Field Day K-2
  • May 12th Field Day 3-5  



Kindergarten Registration May 1st-5th

Kindergarten Registration.jpg

Bulloch County Schools Registration Checklist

For use with children registering for the 2017-18 school year

All children in the United States are entitled to equal access to a basic public elementary and secondary education

regardless of their actual or perceived race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their

parents/guardians. School districts that prohibit, discourage, or maintain policies that have the effect of prohibiting or

discouraging children from enrolling in schools because they or their parents/guardians are not U.S. citizens or are

undocumented may be in violation of Federal law.

Registration must be done at the school for which a child is zoned to attend. Attendance zones are based on the

property address where the custodial parent/guardian and child live. To register a child for classes at one of Bulloch

County Schools’ campuses, a parent or guardian must provide the following documents:

1. Who can register a child for school: To register a child for school, you must be one of the following:

 Parent (natural or adoptive)

 Legal guardian

 Foster parent appointed by a state agency

 Sponsor for approved International Exchange Program

2. Establish Parents’/Legal Guardians’ Identity: Parents and legal guardians must identify themselves by submitting

one (1) of the following valid forms of picture identification:

 Driver’s license

 Work ID Card

 State ID Card

 Passport

 Military ID

3. Establish Legal Custody or Guardianship: Parents/legal guardians registering the child must establish legal

custody of the child. This is established by providing one (1) of the documents listed:

 Birth certificate (certified copy) – Must show name of parent(s)

 Magistrate court documents indicating custody

 Power-of-attorney documents (military or civilian)

 Letter of placement from the Department of Family & Children’s Services

 Custody documents

4. Establish Residency – Residency must be established to enroll a student. The location of the parents’ or legal

guardians’ residence determines the student’s transportation and school zones. The parents/legal guardians must produce

one (1) of the acceptable forms for proof of residency. These are examples of acceptable proof of residency documents

(approved by Board of Education 2/11/16):

 Current lease

 Property tax notice

 Homeowner’s insurance bill

 Mortgage statement

 Current vehicle registration form

 Letter from shelter

 Letter from employer if employer provides housing

 A utility bill (electricity, gas, water, or landline telephone) listing the residence as the service address

 Current PeachCare eligibility documents for the child

A cell phone bill or a driver’s license is not an acceptable proof of residency.

If a student’s family is living with someone else, parents/guardians should provide a notarized affidavit from the property

owner stating where the child’s family is residing, plus a copy of the property owner’s proof of residency.

 Notarized Residency Affidavit - includes signature of person with whom family lives

 Proof of residency for person with whom family lives (see items listed above)

5. Establish Child’s Age & Identity: Parents/Guardians must provide one (1) proof of student’s age and identity. These

are examples of acceptable forms of proof:

 Federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth:

 Certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate

 Valid student driver’s license (if applicable)

 Passport

 Adoption record

 Religious record that is signed by an authorized religious official

 Official school transcript, withdrawal form and latest report card from previous school

 Official immigration documentation

 Affidavit of age sworn by parent/guardian or other authorized person accompanied by a certificate of age

signed by a licensed, practicing physician which states the physician has examined the child and

believes the age, as stated in the affidavit, is substantially correct.

6. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER/CARD: According to Georgia Law 20-2-150d; An official copy of a student’s

Social Security card/number is required for enrollment. However, no student may be denied enrollment for failing to

provide his/her Social Security number. Any parent/legal guardian who objects to the incorporation of the Social Security

number into the child’s school records may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the

requirement. Georgia does requires a Social Security Number for a student applying for the HOPE scholarship.

7. Establish Proof of Immunization/Dental: Parents/Guardians must provide proof of Immunization/EED.

All children attending school must have a Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) Certificate of Vision, Hearing,

Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) and a DPH Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231). Form 3231 must

have either the date of expiration or school attendance block checked. Children who attend school must be up-to-date on

all immunizations required for school entry.

Children may register and begin attending before completion of these examinations and certificates. However, the

immunization certificate must be on file within 30 calendar days and the Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and

Nutrition Screening indicating that children have passed these screenings must be on file within 90 calendar days of

enrollment. Any child who does not have a completed certificate within the 30- or 90-calendar day time frames may not

return to school until an updated certificate is provided and is on-site.

 Valid Certificate of Immunization – (GA Health Dept. Form 3231) The form must be completed by a staff

member from a Georgia Department of Public Health health department or a Georgia doctor. A medical

exemption should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration. You may request a form from your

school for religious exemption.

 Georgia Ear, Eye, and Dental Certificate (EED) – (GA Health Dept. Form #3300) Forms are available from

the health department or your Georgia doctor/dentist. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-
of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.

8. Complete the School Registration Packet

 Complete the Family Registration Form

 Complete the Student Registration Form

 Complete the Annual Medical Information Form


Like our PTO page at JPB Elementary PTO on Facebook 

Penny Sikes Math Tournament

Contact Us


421 West Main Street

Statesboro, GA 30458

(912) 212-8680 phone

(912) 212-8699 fax